Stockholm, Sweden – 28th of September 2018 – Öhlins, the leading Swedish manufacturer of top quality suspension, is launching a brand new trail fork and a rear air shock for MTB. The company is world-renowned for its suspension and has been synonymous with motor racing for over 40 years. Over the last few years, Öhlins has expanded its product range to include MTB suspension products.
“I am thrilled to announce that our race-proven TTX-technology has been even more refined to give optimal traction and chassis control on trails and enduro race courses”, says Torkel Sintorn, General Manager MTB at Öhlins.
The TTX Air shock features innovations from Öhlins’ successful TTX 22 M shock, combined with an all-new air spring that improves both performance and robustness.
The RXF 36 Trail Fork comes with coil or air spring and has a trail-optimized 18 mm piston and TTX-technology for improved small bump sensitivity, increased damping pressure bandwidth and improved damping valve response and sensitivity.
“The glue-like traction and excellent control will be with you all way down your favorite trail and allow you to only expend the minimum amount of energy on the way back up – regardless if you are riding trails during the weekends or competing in the Enduro World Series,” says Terje Hansen, Race Team Leader.
More information can be found here!
FEATURES TTX AIR SHOCK
The first versions will be available from end of October 2018.
- Air sprung shock based on the successful TTX 22 M shock
- Improved performance and robustness: combines the proven superior damping function of the TTX-technology with a new air spring design
- Makes individual tuning simple: adjustable low-speed compression, adjustable rebound, high-speed compression adjuster and third possible as climb mode
- Air spring volume spacers included in the kit
- Added support and bushing overlap
- A more robust air spring with improved side load management
- A specific wiper seal and air sleeve lubrication that reduce friction throughout the service interval
- Adjustable low-speed compression
- Adjustable rebound
- High-speed compression adjuster
- Metric 190/210/230/250 mm lengths
- Trunnion 165/185/205/225 mm lengths
- Climb mode
FEATURES RXF 36 TRAIL FORK
The first versions will be available spring 2019.
- Based on TTX 18 dampening from the DH Race Fork, but reworked to give optimal traction and control
- Cartridge kit featuring trail-optimized 18 mm piston for improved small bump sensitivity
- Increased damping pressure bandwidth
- Improved damping valve response and sensitivity
- Adjustment range for trail to Enduro race use: 15 clicks of low-speed compression and low-speed rebound and 3 clicks of high-speed compression
- Air: travel 120-180 mm
- Coil: travel 130 -170 mm
- Independent spring system
- Independent damper system
- Retuned air spring system
- 36 mm upper tube diameter
- Offset 27.5 (46 mm and 38 mm)
- Offset 29 (51 mm and 44 mm)
- Compatible maximum tire sizes 29×2.8 / 27.5×2.8 / 27.5+x3.2
- Prepared for mudguard
- Race proven setting bank
- Overall improvements for reducing friction