Upplands Väsby, Sweden, November 5 2019. Öhlins announce the introduction of the new FGR 250 Front Fork for racing bikes.
Unveiled at EICMA the new FGR 250 Front Fork fill the gap between the popular FGRT 200 and our top of the line FGR 300 front fork. The fork builds on our universal range meaning that racing teams will be able to fit the fork to their racing bikes after minor adjustments to the triple crowns, front-wheel axle, brake and fender mount.
The FGR 250’s primary customers race within endurance series and superbike championships. The FGR 250, based on Öhlins popular FKR spring pressurized cartridge system, gives a more predictable pressurized feeling. Compression and rebound adjustments separated into each fork leg reduces the time it takes to fine-tune the fork. Coated inner tubes decrease the friction and enables the rider to set faster lap times.
Production expects to begin early 2020 and the fork is available to order through Öhlins network of distributors.
Marketing Communications Manager
About Öhlins®: Öhlins Racing has been an integrated part of the motorsport industry as well as the motorcycle and automotive industry for 40 years. Our focus has always been on high-quality products, service and support, all the way from the MotoGP circuits to the local, national racing events in over 50 distributing countries.
Our philosophy has always been to supply the aftermarket, OEM partners and teams with high-end suspension technology, and we are all dedicated to exceeding our customer’s expectations throughout the world.
Up to date highlights
- 400 employees
- Owned by Tenneco Inc. since 10th of January 2019
- Headquarter in Stockholm
- Subsidiary in USA – Öhlins USA, Hendersonville NC
- Subsidiary in Germany – ÖDTC, Nürburgring
- Subsidiary in Thailand – Öhlins Asia Co., Ltd
- Subsidiaries in Sweden – CES Technologies in Jönköping & Öhlins Auto Norden in Karlstad
- Over 200.000 shock absorbers, front forks and steering dampers and around 3 million CES valves, produced annually
- 97 % of all sales on export
- Focus on R&D, A/M, OEM and Racing of Advanced Suspension Technology for Motorcycles, Cars, Snowmobiles, Mountainbikes & ATV’s
- Öhlins Racing AB is A DRiV Company –DRiV is a Tenneco Inc. (NYSE: TEN) business and leading global aftermarket and OE ride performance supplier.
About DRiV™ – the future Aftermarket and Ride Performance Company:
Following the expected separation of Tenneco to form two independent companies, an Aftermarket and Ride Performance company (DRiV™) as well as a new Powertrain Technology company, DRiV will be one of the largest global multi-line, multi-brand aftermarket companies, and one of the largest global OE ride performance and braking companies. DRiV’s principal product brands will feature Monroe®, Ӧhlins®, Walker®, Clevite® Elastomers, MOOG®, Fel-Pro®, Wagner®, Ferodo®, Champion® and others. DRiV would have 2018 pro-forma revenues of $6.4 billion, with 54% of those revenues from aftermarket and 46% from original equipment customers.